More than 1,500 students from all across America take part in the Youth Tour experience each year, and so can you! Travel to Washington, D.C., where you will meet your U.S. Representatives and Senators. This unique trip will give you the opportunity to watch history come alive as you explore the museums, memorials and monuments with students from across North Dakota. You will meet student leaders from nearly every state and hear dynamic leaders on Youth Day. Bottom line, you will make friendships that will last a lifetime and be part of a group that has more than 50,000 alumni in every walk of life including U.S. Senators and CEOs.
Cass County Electric Cooperative holds an essay contest to local high schools to select two Youth Tour students each year.
- Call for submissions is sent to area high schools in October.
- To enter the contest, you must be a sophomore or junior in high school.
- You and your parents/guardian must be served by CCEC.
- Essay deadline is typically late January.
- Submissions are judged by a panel of CCEC employees; winners are selected in February.
- The Youth Tour typically takes place in June.
If you are interested in applying for next year's Youth Tour, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.youthtour.coop for more information.